Vanessa Callaghan presented to the parent community her work with gratitude practices here at Nia House. The preschool children were exposed to stories, art projects, and theatrical expressions, all in the framework of bringing gratitude into the consciousness and vernacular of our children.
Here is a link the presentation Vanessa shared. It is full of resources and gratitude practices to incorporate at home.
Key Gratitude Concepts
(from Vanessa's presentation):
- Practice Everyday Gratitude: You can choose to be grateful in different ways everyday.
- See More Good: You can notice more things to be grateful for and train your brain to look for good things.
- There Are Many Ways to Show Thanks: Saying 'thanks' is just one way to show your gratitude.
- Expressing Gratitude is an Act of Kindness: You can fill up other peoples 'buckets' with gratitude.
- It Feels Good to Thank Community Friends: You can build good friendships and happy communities with gratitude.
- Gratitude Feels Good and Builds a Friendly Community
A note for the parents from Vanessa:
Get your free pdf of the Youth Gratitude Project’s preschool curriculum as soon as it is released!
Vanessa apologizes because her email was somehow disabled last night.
If you sent her an email request for the preschool curriculum, she didn’t receive it.
Please resend your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be sure to add you to the list!